Careers at Newton!
We like to think that everyone who wears Newton Running gear is an ambassador for our company. But we're always looking for people who are especially passionate about Newton Running to join our team and be an official representative. Check below to see what positions we have available.
Entry Level Customer Service Specialist
If you’re a people-person who loves to run, can patiently solve problems and geeks out over shoe technology and proper run form, we’ve got the job for you.
As the primary point of contact for all direct-to-consumer customer inquiries, a Customer Service Specialist must be passionate about running, knowledgeable about Newtons, unwaveringly patient, and a creative problem solver. Reporting to the Customer Experience Manager, the Customer Service Specialist position is paramount in the communication between Newton and our customers. We do not just give great customer service, we are great at customer service and we take great pride in our following of loyal Newton runners. Answering inquiries about shoes is only half of our job. We are here to be mentors, coaches, friends, consultants, cheerleaders, running buddies, and all around advocates for our customers.
- Provide timely and detailed response to customer service phone calls, emails and online chats related to Newton Running products and online orders
- Educate customers on Newton Running products and natural running form, (and provide occasional therapeutic advice on fashion, favorite restaurants, love life etc.)
- Be willing to go the extra mile for customers – sometimes you literally might have to run a mile or two
- Build brand loyalty with Newton Running customers through quality service and delivery of proactive retention-building programs, around here, we call it “Newton Nation.”
- Expertly guide customers through product selection
- Meet or exceed service quality, responsiveness and sales goals
- Expeditiously process exchanges and returns
- Troubleshoot problems with order processing, fulfillment and payment
- Guide product and promotion set-up in ecommerce system.
- Assist with administering order management and ecommerce systems to ensure an error free user experience
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve overall customer experience and recommend solutions for enhancement
- Occasionally travel to running and triathlon expos to assist events group with set-up and booth staffing
- Commitment to Newton Running’s core values
- Personal involvement in the Company’s Social Responsibility goals
- Participation in community volunteerism and in efforts to reduce the Company’s impact on the planet
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- 1+ years of work experience, ideally in a customer service or retail role
- High customer service orientation
- Self-confident and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proactive problem-solver
- Attentive to detail and follow-through
- Friendly, outgoing, tolerant, patient
- Loves to run and has familiarity with or willing to learn biomechanics and form best practices
- Organized, proactive, productive
- Independent and self-directed
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player, mainly on a mental level, no heavy lifting required…except the phone, which isn’t really heavy
- Driven and sincere with a strong sense of ethics and integrity
Newton Running is based in Boulder, Colorado. We exist to make every stride better. Interested candidates please send resume to email@example.com. Newton Running is an equal opportunity employer.