The highly successful “New Trends in the Prevention of Running Injuries” is returning to Shepherdstown, West Virginia, and this time, is paired with a Newton Natural Running™ Coaching Certification Program.
Citing more than a thousand scientific articles and systematic reviews, this edition of New Trends in the Prevention of Running Injuries questions many current practices in the treatment of both runners and non-runners alike. With high quality audio-visual material, this course will integrate the theory and practice of a number of advanced concepts on running.
- Injury etiology and theory
- Diagnosis and treatment of injury
- Planning of training sessions
- Evidence based stretching and strength training
- Biomechanical gait analyses taught by the world’s expert Jay Dicharry
- Analysis of the running shoe
- Teaching barefoot running style with Dr. Mark Cucuzzella recently presented at 2011 Boston Marathon See video
- Optional group runs with experts in the field
The three-day course will enable you to efficiently treat your patients whether they are runners or active in other sports. You will leave with clinical tools such as a DVD (running mechanics, demo exercises, warm-up sequence, etc.), a CD with a PDF document (evaluation sheets, exercise programs, tips, running programs) and portfolio that includes all the academic content of the course.
The course is instructed by three internationally known teachers and leaders in running medicine:
- Blaise Dubois is a physiotherapist who teaches at the Faculty of Medicine at Laval University. Blaise has developed the Running Clinic Canada and has taught over 50 conferences around the world. His involvement with the Canadian athletics team has led him to travel around the world enriching his knowledge and adapting his clinical approach.
- Jay Dicharry is a physiotherapist at the University of Virginia and director of the SPEED Clinic. Jay is the world’s leader in gait analysis and running injury evaluation and treatment. Runners of all abilities travel from around the world to visit his treatment center. He has published dozens of studies and reviews and teaches around the country.
- Dr. Mark Cucuzzella, the conference host, is one of the world’s leaders on teaching gait mechanics and injury prevention. He is an authority on footwear and in the small town of Shepherdstown, West Virginia he opened Two Rivers Treads Center for Natural Running and Walking- the first store focusing exclusively on flat and minimal shoes. In his spare time he directs the Freedom’s Run Series of Events and continues to run at an elite level as a Masters runner.
- Dr. Robert Wilder is Chair of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Virginia and Director of the Runners Clinic. He has published several texts and articles on running injury, prevention, and treatment.
Gifts, snacks, networking, and free monthly updated literature are some of the many extras you will receive by attending the 24-hour training course. Register now….course limited to 30 participants. 24 hours of CME approved for physicians and physical therapists.
Date: June 23 – 25, followed by the optional Newton Natural Running Coaching Certification Program on June 26. (see below for details).
Program 8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
Special rate $545 (usually $650 USD in Europe and Canada)
Military rate $495
Location: Bavarian Inn
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
www.bavarianinnwv.com special rate $119/night
Register here at The Running Clinic.
Newton Running Natural Running Coaching Certification Program
Following the three-day course, participants may also take place in a one-day intensive Newton Natural Running™ Coaching Certification Program at Two Rivers Treads in Sheperdstown, West Virginia on June 26. This is normally a three-day program.
The registration free of $250 includes a pair of Newton Running shoes, Natural Running book by Danny Abshire and running apparel. (Exception: Newton Running retailers are free). **You must attend the New Trends in Running Conference to register for this coaching certification program**
Newton Natural Running™ form coaching certification provides coaches with knowledge designed to assist clients with efficient running form, injury prevention and training goals.
Newton Natural Running™ Form Coaching Certification requires participants to:
- Practice a Newton Natural Running™ form
- Attend a three day coaching certification clinic
- Pass written, oral and/or practical examination
Certified Newton Natural Running™ Form Coaches can:
- Teach and analyze Newton Natural Running™ form
- Present Newton Natural Running™ talks and clinics
- Use Newton Natural Running™ certified logos and marks
- Obtain a free listing on newtonrunning.com
- Get discounts on Newton Running products
- Become a Newton Running Affiliate
Cost: $250 (free for Newton Running retailers)
Location: Two Rivers Treads, 113 W. German Street, Sheperdstown, WV
Time: 8:00 am to 3:00 p.m.
To register, contact Dr. Mark Cucuzella at mark [at] freedomsrun.org
For more information, visit: http://www.newtonrunning.com/community/running-coach-certification