Running-injury prevention leaders from around the globe are gathering in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, for a three-day conference to discuss best evidence and best practices to prevent and treat running injuries. As part of the gathering, the group will meet the local community and share stories, experience and knowledge.
“The Re-Evolution of Running: Discover Pain Free Movement for Life” will be hosted by Two Rivers Treads Center for Natural Running and Walking, the Bavarian Inn, and the Running Clinic Canada on Friday night January 28, 7 to 9 p.m. at the Bavarian Inn.
Guest panelists include leading clinicians, researchers, teachers, writers, athletes and footwear experts from around the globe:
- Founder: Chi Running and Chi Walking
- Asheville, NC; Internationally-acclaimed injury-prevention coach, ultramarathoner and best-selling author
Dr. Craig Richards
- Newcastle, Australia; General Practice, Sports Medicine, Runner
- One of world’s lead researchers on running injuries and footwear
Jay Dicharry, PT
- Director SPEED Clinic University of Virginia
- International Authority on Gait Analysis and Running Injury
Dr. Peter Larson
- Professor of Biology St. Anshelm College New Hampshire, Marathon runner
- Author/host of world’s most widely read site on running innovation- www.runblogger.com
Blaise Dubois PT/Sean Cannon, PT
- Quebec City, Canada; International Leaders in running injuries
- Authors and Instructors of over 40 international conferences
- Boulder, Colorado; Co-Founder and CEO Newton Running
- Innovator in first shoe company with primary mission of injury prevention. Ironman competitor
Ian Adamson, MS Sports Med/BS Biomechanical Engineering
- Boulder, Colorado; Director of Research & Education-Newton
- Ultramarathoner and 7-time world champ Adventure Racer
Dr. Daniel Kulund, USAF
- Chief Health Promotions Pentagon
- Physician, Innovator of Running Medicine. Opened first true “Runners Clinic” in the 1970’s.
Dr. Mark Cucuzzella,
- West Virginia University, Coach USAF Running Team, National Level Masters Runner
- National speaker/teacher of healthier running; sub 2:35 marathons in 4 decades
- Arlington, Virginia; Editor at Competitor Magazine
Speakers will share their most important discoveries and then allow questions and conversation with the audience.
“This is an amazing privilege to have all of these leaders in one room together willing to share and converse with the public,” says Mark Cucuzzella, MD. Over 60 percent of runners are injured every year. If the CDC were to evaluate this data they would shut down running events. Insurance companies now are reevaluating the advice to get fit if it involves running and the subsequent injuries and costs of expensive imaging studies and treatments. We need to develop entirely new approaches to running injuries and staying healthy for life”
The event is free to the public and geared toward walkers and runners of all abilities.
Free to the public. Coffee and dessert will be provided. Cash bar.
For those wishing to dine prior to the event, call the Bavarian Inn at 304-876-2551 to make a reservation.
For more information, contact Two Rivers Treads Center for Natural Running and Walking or phone 304-876-1100.