Newton Running co-founders created the company in 2007 with the desire to give back and improve our world, and this mentality has stuck with us ever since. This belief has led us to pursue sustainable ways for our business to run and for our shoes to be made.
Newton Running is proud to be the first and only running company that is B Corp certified. We as a company are committed to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparent based on assessment from the non-profit B Lab.
- We meet the highest standards of verified, overall social and environmental performance
- Use innovative corporate structures and the power of business to contribute to solving social and environmental problems.
We are part of a community that is leading a global movement to redefine success in business.
- Newton encourages their employees to participate in health and wellness activities during the workweek. For example: employees run or swim at lunch, participate in races together like Bolder Boulder and 106 West The Highest Tri in the world in 2016.
- Company screens significant suppliers for social and environmental impact (screen for positive and negative impact)
- On average, our employees at the corporate office volunteer for 24+ hours a year.
We want to protect and support our planet the best we can, which is why we make it a priority to take any action we can as a company to preserve it.
- 25% of the workforce cycles or walks to work daily and over the last 2 years, Newton employees have commuted to work for 500+ days.
- Our warehouse has recycled 80% of its waste, and the corporate office has recycled 7,500 lbs of materials since opening in 2007.
- The shoe boxes we use are made from recycled materials, and we’ve eliminated additional paper products inside the boxes.
- 8-10% of Newton Running’s proceeds are donated to non-profit organizations that work within our 5 core competancies; Fitness for life, Sustainability, Humanitarian Aid, Nutrition & Quality footwear for all.
- On average, we donate 5,000 pairs of shoes annually. This isn’t including the 2 pairs of shoes each Newton employee is offered to donate to charity of their choice.