Journey Of A Shoe!
13 June 2013
Ever wondered what happens throughout the creation of a Newton Running shoe? We thought we’d give you an inside look at how are shoes are manufactured!
- Most of the materials used to stitch the upper are received in rolls and can be seen here prior to cutting and stitching
- The materials warehouse needs to be very organized
- The stock on hand is generally a mix of textiles and synthetics. Each roll is marked with material name, supplier and country of origin
- Materials are checked for quality, total square footage and correct color match upon receiving
Setting (AKA Pressing and Stock Fitting)
- Seen in these shots are sole units prior to assembly
- A sole unit is the midsole, outsole and any inserts pieces that have been stock fitted together
- Newton shoes have a biomechanical top plate and cavity chamber that integrate with the patented action-reaction performance technology
- Seen here are the finished shoes just prior to packaging in the inner-box
- All shoes undergo a final QC check by a trained controllers prior to export
There you have it, Newton Running shoes!